This Cast On to Cast Off workshop course will guide you through making your own traditional knitted Cornish Gansey. The course consists of ten 2.5-hour workshops spaced fortnightly to allow you to keep on schedule and motivated through this very special project. This course is set over 20 weeks which should mean most people will need to knit for no more than an hour a day to complete the project. The workshops will take you through all the techniques offering support and advice every step of the way.
- 10 x 2.5-hour workshop sessions
- calculating the correct size/tension
- knotted cast on
- working in the round
- magic loop
- under arm and neck gussets
- how to design your own bespoke yoke (optional)
- blocking and finishing
Skill Level: Suitable for those who have a good grasp of the knit and purl stitches.
Dates & Times:
- Thursday 19th January 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 2nd February 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 16th February 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 2nd March 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 16th March 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 30th March 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 13th April 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 27th April 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 11th May 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 25th May 6.30-9pm
Traditionally the Cornish Gansey was worn as a tight-fitting garment designed around comfort and durability. Today’s tastes tend to like garments a little less fitted so it is recommended to knit two sizes larger than normal.
- Frangipani 5 ply Guernsey Wool
32″-34″ (81-86cm) 750g
36″-42″ (91-107cm) 1000g
44″-50″ (112-127cm) 1250g
- 2.5mm x 80cm circular needle (or the correct size to obtain tension)
- darning needle
To view our full range of Frangipani 5 ply Guernsey Wool click here
- This workshop is available to attend either in person at Truro Wool, St Mary’s Street, Truro TR1 2AF (the session will be held in our upstairs workshop space), or online via Zoom. Please ensure you have selected your required participation option prior to checkout.
- This workshop is limited to a maximum of 8 in-person and 6 online participants
- If your circumstances change and you are unable to attend a workshop you have booked, please let us know as soon as possible.
A 90% refund will be given if the cancellation is made more than 28 days in advance of the start of your workshop (10% is required to cover administrative costs incurred). Unfortunately, no refund can be given on cancellations made within 28 days of the start of the workshop, however, we would be willing to swap your booking over to another name, should you have a friend or family member that would wish to attend in your place.
- Please be advised that if you miss one of the parts of this course, we cannot offer a catch-up session, however, please speak to us about booking a 1-2-1 session as we will, of course, do our best to assist you.
- Very rarely circumstances beyond our control may mean that workshops must be cancelled. Should this happen, the cost of your workshop will be fully refunded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.