No products in the cart.
Learn to Knit Socks from the Toe Up Workshop (12.02.22 – ONLINE)
Master the art of knitting the perfect pair of toe-up socks in this two-part workshop led by Julie Cowan.
STARTING SATURDAY 12th FEBRUARY 2022 – 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Throughout this two-part in-person workshop you will receive expert guidance and step by step instruction from casting on your first stitch through to casting off your final one and completing your fabulous pair of socks!
We promise – knitting socks is not as tricky as you might think – and once you’ve cracked it, they’re a great ‘portable project’ that you can take anywhere with you.
Over these two sessions, your experienced tutor, Julie Cowan, will teach you how to knit the perfect pair of socks from the toe up. Perfect for the novice/intermediate knitter, step-by-step you will be guided through all the techniques needed for you to master the art of sock knitting, including using circular needles and Magic Loop, slanting increases and seamless Turkish Cast On.
Whether you opt for plain, stripy, patterned or sparkly, your first pair of handmade socks will be something to treasure!
- 2 x 3-hour workshop sessions
- Printed pattern (emailed for those attending virtually)
- Magic Loop
- Turkish Cast On
- Slanting increase
- German Short Rows
- Novice/Intermediate (participants should be able to knit and purl with reasonable confidence. Help will be given with pattern reading if required)
Dates & Times:
- Saturday 12 February 2022 – 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- Saturday 26 February 2022 – 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- The sessions will take place online via Zoom (joining details will be emailed to participants prior to the start of the first session).
(These workshops are also running with an in-person participation option at Truro Wool’s workshop space – to book this option please click here)
- Minimum 12 years
- 100g 4 Ply sock yarn
- Needles – 2.5mm x 80cm circular needle
- darning needle
- This workshop is limited to a maximum of 6 in-person and 6 online participants
- If your circumstances change and you are unable to attend a workshop you have booked, please let us know as soon as possible. A 90% refund will be given if the cancellation is made more than 28 days in advance of the start of your workshop (10% is required to cover administrative costs incurred). Unfortunately, no refund can be given on cancellations made within 28 days of the start of the workshop, however, we would be willing to swap your booking over to another name, should you have a friend or family member that would wish to attend in your place.
- Please be advised that if you miss one of the parts of this course, we cannot offer a catch-up session, however, please speak to us about booking a 1-2-1 session as we will, of course, do our best to assist you.
- Very rarely circumstances beyond our control may mean that workshops must be cancelled. Should this happen, the cost of your workshop will be fully refunded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.