Traditional Fair Isle Knitting looks stunning and is a joy to knit. This workshop will teach you how to work 2 colours of yarn at the same time by holding one yarn in each hand. We will be working using the ‘magic loop’ method of working in the round which will be taught as we practice how to achieve the perfect ‘float’ and read charts.
Whether you aspire to knit traditional Nordic style garments/accessories or would just like to add another skill set to your knitting repertoire this would be the ideal way to spend your Thursday afternoon.
- 1x 3 hour workshop
- Free Truro Wool Neck Warmer Pattern (Printed for those attending in person, emailed for those attending virtually)
- 2 colour Fair Isle knitting
- Magic Loop
- Intermediate – able to cast on, knit
Dates & Times:
- Thursday 22nd September 2022, 1:30pm – 4.30pm
- This workshop is available to attend either in person in our workshop space at Truro Wool, St Mary’s Street, Truro TR1 2AF, or attend online via Zoom. Simply select which participation option from the two and ‘add to basket’.
- 3.5mm x 80cm circular needle for 4ply yarn
4mm x 80cm circular needles for double knitting yarn
small quantities of 4 ply yarn x 2 colours
small quantities of double knitting yarn x 2 colours
- This workshop is limited to a maximum of 8 in-person and 6 online participants
- If your circumstances change and you are unable to attend a workshop you have booked, please let us know as soon as possible.
A 90% refund will be given if the cancellation is made more than 28 days in advance of the start of your workshop (10% is required to cover administrative costs incurred). Unfortunately, no refund can be given on cancellations made within 28 days of the start of the workshop, however, we would be willing to swap your booking over to another name, should you have a friend or family member that would wish to attend in your place.
- Please be advised that if you miss one of the parts of this course, we cannot offer a catch-up session, however, please speak to us about booking a 1-2-1 session as we will, of course, do our best to assist you.
- Very rarely circumstances beyond our control may mean that workshops must be cancelled. Should this happen, the cost of your workshop will be fully refunded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.