Tunisian Crochet is a technique that is often described as a technique that combines all the best bits of crochet and knitting. Like crochet, a hook is used, but as in knitting, multiple loops are held on the hook. The result of the technique is a beautifully textured fabric that is perfect for all sorts of projects. Tunisian Crochet is also commonly known as Afghan Crochet.
Over the course of three sessions, Truro Wool’s Julie Cowan will teach the core principles of Tunisian Crochet whilst guiding you step-by-step through the creation of this stylish jumper from Foundation chain through to Finishing. This garment has pretty bands of Star Stitch around the yoke and short sleeves with a deep band on the bottom of the body for maximum effect when worn over a t-shirt, blouse or finer weight sweater for that layered look. The pattern uses an interchangeable style Tunisian Crochet Hook and is made from the ‘Top-Down’. Although worked in rows the seams are limited leaving little sewing at the end!
At the end of this three-part course, you will be able to place Tunisian Crochet firmly in your skills toolkit, opening a new yarn-shaped hobby to you.
- 3 x 2-hour workshops
- Tunisian Knit Stitch
- Crochet Star Stitch
- Intermediate (you should be confident with basic crochet English terminology stitches; chain, slip stitch, double crochet, treble crochet)
Dates & Times:
- Wednesday 23rd March 2022, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Wednesday 6th April 2022, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Wednesday 20th April 2022, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- Online via Zoom – a link to join the live workshop will be emailed to participants ahead of the first session.
(This session will also be running with a face-to-face in-person participation at Truro Wool, St Mary’s Street, Truro, TR1 2AF. To book this option please click here)
Available Sizes (based on finished bust sizes):
Note: You should allow 4″/10cm of positive easing for comfort and fit.
(For example, if the recipient of your jumper measures 36″/91.5cm, it is recommended that you make the 40″/102cm size, allowing that extra 4″/10cm so that it can be comfortably worn over other garments).
- This workshop is limited to a maximum of 6 in-person and 6 online participants
- If your circumstances change and you are unable to attend a workshop you have booked, please let us know as soon as possible. A 90% refund will be given if the cancellation is made more than 28 days in advance of the start of your workshop (10% is required to cover administrative costs incurred). Unfortunately, no refund can be given on cancellations made within 28 days of the start of the workshop, however, we would be willing to swap your booking over to another name, should you have a friend or family member that would wish to attend in your place.
- Please be advised that if you miss one of the parts of this course, we cannot offer a catch-up session, however, please speak to us about booking a 1-2-1 session as we will, of course, do our best to assist you.
- Very rarely circumstances beyond our control may mean that workshops must be cancelled. Should this happen, the cost of your workshop will be fully refunded.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.